- Momofuku scallops, buttermilk, soy and poppy seeds.
- Beef tartar with truffle, celery and parmigiano-reggiano.
- Roast salmon with lobster vinaigrette and courgette fritters.
- Michi’s chocolate mousse, puréed strawberries and Prosecco jelly.
Beef tartar with truffle, celery and parmigiano-reggiano.I forgot to take a picture is this from the Spiaaggia cookbook but the ones I produced looked pretty similar.
Andrew and Lisa kindly invited us to their house for my birthday dinner. Bless their souls.
Lisa is an excellent cook. She’s preparing a Niger Slater squid/lime dish here.
Ahhh, I think there few things more promising than a nicely set table.
Susan relaxes with Kathryn Kennedy while our hosts slave away.
The combination of squid, lime and herbs was divine.
Lisa also baked this utterly stunning focaccia (also Slater). It was outstanding!
The main was a Slater Kitchen Diaries lamb with chick pea mash. Super yummy. Lisa hand peeled each chick pea! This produced a wonderfully smooth mash.
The Kennedys provided a very tasty Shiraz from Stellenbosch: I loved it!
We brought a bottle of Kathryn Kennedy Lateral that I had brought over from California. One of our favourites which we had been saving for a special occasion.
Answers on a postcard.
Some candles went AWOL. Nigella’s luxurious Guinness cake.
- Seared scallops with a celeric puree.
- Seared scallops with shredded endives.
- Seared scallops with a beetroot and lemon thyme reduction.
- Cherry and almond tart.
Cheery and almond tart which I used to make a lot in the USA but somehow got neglected since we moved to the UK.
I ordered from a company that hand dives scallops off Skye.
2010-08-20 Dinner for Steve Hand, Claire, Andrew Davidson, Marianne Cantwell, David Miller and Rolf.
- Freshly made apple juice from apples from our garden.
- Tuna tartare with apples and radishes and cilantro and Indian spices.
- Seared scallops with a Sauternes sauce on grated carrots in butter.
- Tofu and pea vichyssoise with mizuna pesto.
- Goan spice crusted seared trout and sea bass with samphire.
- Lemon meringue cake (by Marianne).